Archive for August, 2009
I swear, I have never had this many social events in my life. Ever. These boys have too many friends, which is nice because that means I have a ton of new friends. Just a little run down of the past week:
- Sunday–picnic with our PEPS group. It’s so fun to see them, especially considering the youngest one was only 12 days old at our first meetings, and now she’s as tall as the twins!
- Tuesday– Gymboree with some PEPS friends. The boys just love it here, so much to crawl on, under and through.
- Wednesday–a trip to a splash park with Cathy, Miss O and Joey. The twins were not all that thrilled with the cold water shooting up from the ground, but the older two just loved it. A&W had more fun once we moved to the grass so they could crawl around. Andy tried to take a bite of my sandwich, he got a little bread and ham, but it was SO funny to see him try and figure it out.
- Thursday– A trip to Target AND playgroup at a local park. That playgroup usually meets during A&W’s afternoon nap, but this week, it started an hour later, plus it was close to our house. We were pretty late, but got a chance to see a bunch of cutie pies. A lot of this group will be in our preschool class starting in September, so I’m glad I got to see them!
- This weekend features a birthday party for our dear friends across the street and a little lunch time get-together with two very pregnant friends.
Busy, with a very capital B.
The title of this post says it all. Full set available here.
In other news, Bekki’s new laptop arrived and is doing just dandy. My short trip to Vancouver, BC went well enough. Baby BBQ at the park yesterday also went well.
Note that all the comics have mouseover text (like xkcd) AND a bonus comic hidden just to the upper right of the strip! Some of these are better than the main comics themselves, like this one: http://www.amazingsuperpowers.com/2008/12/scrooge/
Your weekly dose of photos have been posted, 10 this time around. Just your typical downstairs playroom shenanigans. (=
The past few days have been chock full of firsts!
- Will can sign for “more,” or at least I’m 99% sure that’s what he’s doing (As opposed to clapping or something). He gets a little insistent, but I do think he gets the idea! Now he needs to tell me what exactly he’d like to eat!
- We went to our first concert today! Recess Monkey (a local Seattle kids band) was playing nearby, and we went with our friends, the Stevensons. I think the boys really enjoyed themselves! Andy was jumping on Adam’s lap, and Will sort of clapped along. No fussiness (it happened to be at exactly the right time of day), and no freakouts from the loud music. Lots of fun!
- Andy took a few steps (shuffles really, but we’ll pretend) while holding onto the ledge in the playroom. I hope he does it again so I can catch it on video.
- Will drank from a straw this morning (we have some sippy cups with straws instead of spouts), Andy’s not quite there yet, but we’re working on it!
- The boys have been watching their first water polo games on TV. The USA women won the world championship, and the boys have seen a few minutes of the games for the past week.
- I realized I use far too many exclamation points! ! ! !
The last week has been HOT HOT HOT, getting to 108 on Wednesday. We are SO lucky to have a/c, I really don’t know what we’d do without it. The heat really put a hamper on our days, as I usually like to take the boys out for errands or adventures between 2-4. Although I could run the car at home to cool it down, I didn’t want to park it in a lot while we shopped just so it would start to heat up again. So our outings for two days were simply going to the drive-through Starbucks for some iced tea (which is what led to the experiments with straws!