Archive for September, 2011
After going back and forth for a very long time about upgrading to studio strobes, I finally pulled the trigger. I got:
- A pair of Einstein E640 strobes
- A Vagabond Mini power pack
- 2 reflectors and a stripbox with grid
- A CyberCommander transmitter, receivers for the Einsteins and 3 more for my small flashes… I’ll probably sell my now-unneeded PocketWizards
- Another Pelican 1510 case to tote it around in (to accompany my existing one which holds all my primary camera equipment and lenses)
- Some other doodads and knick knacks
Naturally I had to break them in, so I took a few self portraits and uploaded them to my semi-dormant Flickr account. Here are 2/3rds of them: me jumping around and a boring head shot.
(And, yes, I did in fact change out of my typical t-shirt into something slightly more respectable for these. 😉 )
35 more photos have been added, starting on page 4. These photos span the trip from Seward to Anchorage, mostly of the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center.